Do artificial sweeteners break a fast? Can you have artificial sweeteners while fasting? Get all of your questions answered here!
If you enjoy artificial sweeteners in your coffee or tea, you may be wondering if it’s safe to consume while fasting. In this article, we are going to answer the most common questions regarding artificial sweeteners and fasting. Keep reading to learn more!
Do Artificial Sweeteners Break A Fast?
Yes, artificial sweeteners will break your fast.
Do Artificial Sweeteners Break A Fast – Further Details
Artificial sweeteners of any kind will break your fast. When we fast and allow our insulin levels to naturally drop, we see weight loss and other fasting benefits. This means that our body is using fat as fuel, due to our lowered insulin. If insulin is spiked, as would be the case with consuming artificial sweeteners, this would then break your fast.
Does Sweetener Break A Fast?
Yes, sweeteners of any kind will break your fast as they will spike your insulin levels.
Does Sucralose Break A Fast?
Can you have sucralose while fasting? No, you should not consume sucralose while fasting. Sucralose will break your fast.
Does Saccharin Break A Fast?
Yes, saccharin will break a fast.
Did you know that there are over 60 different names for sugar? Read our guide on the different names of sugar to learn more.
This article is all about will artificial sweeteners break a fast.
What Can I Consume While Fasting?
If you are following a clean fast, you can consume the following items when fasting:
- Water (unflavored, no added fruit)
- Black coffee
- Plain green tea or black tea
- Mineral water, unflavored sparkling water, seltzer water (with no added ingredients)
- Salt, electrolytes, or minerals (unflavored, no additives)
- Medications as prescribed by your doctor
Additional Fasting Resources
Here are some other frequently asked fasting questions that may help you out!
- Does Honey Break A Fast?
- Does Stevia Break A Fast?
- Can You Chew Gum While Fasting?
- What Are The Best Electrolytes For Fasting?
- Why Am I Not Losing Weight On OMAD?
- Does Lemon Water Break A Fast?
- Does Diet Soda Break A Fast?
- Does Cinnamon Break A Fast?
- Does Splenda Break A Fast?
Frequently Asked Questions
All artificial sweeteners will break your fast. Avoid consuming artificial sweeteners while fasting.
Yes, sweeteners of any kind will spike your insulin levels and remove you from a fasted state.
Yes, it is likely that artificial sweeteners will break ketosis. This will vary on an individual basis.