Hi there! I’m Macy, the author and creative mind behind the Macy Michelle Blog. I’m a certified personal trainer obsessed with all things holistic wellness, clean living, and fitness.
My hope is to provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to live a healthy life.
- I am a certified personal trainer and have spent hundreds of hours reading, studying and learning all things nutrition, wellness and holistic health.
- I graduated from Iowa State University (go Cyclones!) with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communications. I’ve been passionate about writing ever since I can remember.
- My fiancé Branden, and I have been together for six years! We met on Plenty of Fish!
- I’m a proud dog Mama to the best pup in the world! Branden and I rescued our Goldendoodle, Lidi, in December 2019. She was previously used for breeding and had to learn how to play with toys, how to walk on a leash and all the basics. She is the best thing that’s ever happened to us!
Macy Michelle’s Wellness Journey
When I graduated from college in 2014, I felt like I had no control over my life. I was moving back in with my parents, I didn’t know when I would get a job and I couldn’t control the massive student loans payments that were quickly coming my way.
Over the course of college I had gained the dreaded “freshman 15” and more. I lived on junk food, coffee and spend majority of my evenings drinking or at the bar scene.
I started by focusing on healthier foods and paid close attention to the serving size on packages and the nutrition labels on food. I also increased my activity level. I got a fitness tracker and worked to hit 10,000 steps per day.
These small changes began to add up! I started to see my clothes fitting better and the numbers on the scale going down. Also, I felt amazing! I had energy, I slept better and my acne started clearing up.
Along this journey, I have truly found a passion for wellness, the science behind food, nutrition, physical activity, and the mind.
I now eat a paleo-ish diet and focus on whole foods. I also do regular coffee enemas and daily infrared sauna sessions!
About Macy Michelle Blog
The Macy Michelle blog is a wellness-focused blog. On the blog you can expect to get all of your wellness questions answered! If you want to achieve optimal health, lose weight, or simply live your best life – you can find everything you need here.
Here are some alarming statistics about the wellness industry:
- The average dieter tries 4-5 diets per year.
- Less than half of those dieters are successful in maintaining their long-term weight loss goals.
- The health and fitness industry is a trillion-dollar industry, yet 70% of Americans are overweight and 40% are obese.
- Americans spend $33 billion each year on weight loss products.
When I first started my wellness journey, I too, was confused. There’s so much information on the internet, so many diets, so many ways of eating and so much to figure out. I want my blog to be a place that cuts through the noise.