This sweet potato hash with sausage and eggs is perfect for any time of the day! It’s filling, comforting, healthy and Whole 30 approved!
This sweet potato hash is one of my new faves and it’s hubby-approved! This recipe was so good it seemed like it shouldn’t be healthy!
You can eat this sweet potato hash on top of greens- such as fresh spinach, or eat it alone!
I am a big fan of sweet potatoes– but sometimes it’s hard to know what to mix them with! All of these flavors really complimented each other! I have switched up the sausage and used maple-flavored sausage as well. I would highly recommend the maple flavor if you are looking to change up the taste!
Check out the recipe below! I have found that this recipe also reheats very well.
- 3 TB olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes chopped into small pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1-2 bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh bulk sausage (make sure it’s sugar-free!)
- 4 eggs
- Paprika and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. You will use the oven to bake the eggs at the end.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 TB of oil to melt. Once the pan is sizzling, crumble the sausage into the pan. Stir while cooking to evenly brown.
- When the sausage is 3/4 of the way done, add onions and peppers. Continue to cook until the sausage is brown and onions and peppers are soft. Remove from heat until potatoes are done.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, add the remaining 2 TB of oil. Add chopped sweet potatoes and stir. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper to taste.
- Cook and stir uncovered until the potatoes begin to brown. Then cover and continue to cook to soften the insides of the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are softened and browned, mix them with the sausage mixture. Stir. Create four small indents where you will crack each egg. Carefully crack the eggs into the spaces.
- Put the entire skillet into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Do you think you will give this recipe a try? Leave a comment below if you try it! I would love to know what you think!