If you’re feeling sick or starting to feel something come on – make this star anise tea ASAP. This tea is jam-packed with healing ingredients to help you feel better quickly!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you want to make your life more convenient, check out Thrive Market. With Thrive Market, you can ship healthy, organic products directly to your door!
Star Anise Tea Ingredients
- Warm water
- Manuka honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sliced ginger or frozen ginger cubes
- Star anise pods
Benefits of Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is a type of honey that is native to New Zealand. This type of honey is unique because it is produced by bees who pollinate the flower commonly known as the Manuka bush. Here are some benefits of Manuka honey:
- Has antiviral benefits
- Is anti-inflammatory
- Has antioxidant benefits
- Has antibacterial properties
- Aids in wound healing
- Promotes oral health
- Soothes sore throats
- Can improve digestive symptoms
- Can help with treating acne
- Helps with tissue regeneration
Benefits of Lemon
Here are a few of the benefits of lemon:
- Contains high amounts of vitamin C
- Contains soluable fiber
- May help to improve digestive health
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps prevent kidney stones
Benefits of Ginger
Here are a few benefits of ginger:
- Contains gingerol, which has powerful medicinal properties
- Is anti-inflammatory
- Has powerful antioxidant benefits
- May assist in improving heart disease risk factors
- Can aid in indigestion
- May help lower cholesterol levels
- May improve brain function
Benefits of Star Anise
Star anise is an age-old spice that has been used for generations for its medicinal properties. Here are a few benefits of star anise:
- Rich in antioxidants such as such as linalool, quercetin, thymol, terpineol, caffeic acid, anethole, kaemferol, and coumaric acid, as well as a significant amount of iron
- Contains vitamins A and C – which help fight free radicals
- Contains thymol, terpineol and anethole – which are used for treating cough and flu
- Helps improve digestion
- May aid in improving skin health
- Antibacterial effects
- Can help support respiratory health
- Can help fight fungal infections
- May help balance hormones
How To Make Star Anise Tea
- Fill a large mason jar with warm water.
- Get a spoonful of manuka honey. Add the honey to the warm water. Mix.
- Juice 1 lemon and add to water mixture.
- Slice a knob of fresh ginger. Add ginger to the water mixture.
- Top with a handful of star anise pods.
- Let steep for 20-30 mins.
- Remove the ginger slices and star anise pods.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- The remainder of the star anise tea can sit on the counter and can be consumed during the rest of the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between local honey and manuka honey?
Manuka honey is different than local honey because it is produced by bees who pollinate the flower commonly known as the Manuka bush. It is also darker, thicker, and more difficult to spread than local honey.
Can kids drink star anise tea?
All of these ingredients are safe for kiddos! However, this information is not medical advice, so it’s ultimately up to you to determine if you want your kiddos to consume star anise tea.
If you’re feeling under the weather or feel a sickness coming on, try star anise tea! This tea has a lot of great ingredients that can help you feel better quickly.
This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this blog, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment.
If you or any other person has a medical concern, you should consult with your health care provider or seek other professional medical treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something that have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.
Related: Whole Food Snack Ideas
➡️ Thanks so much for making it all the way down to the bottom of my post! Since you did, I’d love to know more about you. Come say hi to me on Instagram if any part of this post helped you, or at the very least, just to say hi!