How To Cook Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Oven
Making hard-boiled eggs doesn’t have to be complicated! Read more to learn how to make hard-boiled eggs in the oven.
I am all about keeping it simple. From meal prepping to my makeup- the simpler the better! One trick I have learned over the years is how to hard-boil eggs in the oven.
I LOVE this meal prepping hack as it allows me more space on the stove and is a hands-off method of hard-boiling! I can simply pop these in the oven and continue meal prepping, folding laundry or cleaning up! Check out the simple directions below!
You will need:
- Muffin tin
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get out a clean muffin tin.
- Place your eggs into the muffin tin, one egg per hole- leaving the shell on.
- Once the oven is preheated, put the muffin tin into the oven. If you don’t have a muffin tin, you can also place the eggs right on the oven rack!
- Bake for 31 minutes. The eggs typically come out with a few brown spots on them. Those spots wipe right off with a wet rag!
- After pulling the pan out of the oven, place the muffin tin off of the stove and allow the eggs to cool. Some people recommend putting the eggs immediately into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. I have found that this step is not needed as long as I take the pan off the stovetop!
One hard-boiled egg contains six grams of protein. According to Kris Gunnars, “eggs are high in quality protein and also contain all the essential amino acids in the right ratios. [This means] your body is well-equipped to make full use of the protein in [the eggs].”
Hard-boiled eggs make for a great high-protein snack! There are so many ways to enjoy them while keeping it healthy! Here are a few different ways that I like to eat hard-boiled eggs.
- Top eggs with salsa
- Top with pink Himalayan salt
- Hard-boiled eggs with cottage cheese, tomatoes and pink salt
- Top with Everything But the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s
- Hard-boiled eggs on top of a salad
- Avocado mixed with a chopped hard-boiled egg
- Hard-boiled eggs with olive oil and pink salt
- Mash hard-boiled eggs and mix with avocado, dip veggies into