Colostrum is an ancient superfood that is great for improving gut health and athletic performance. Find the best colostrum supplements for humans here!
If you want to improve your health by taking a colostrum supplement, you might be wondering how to pick the best colostrum supplement. In this article, we will share the top colostrum supplements on the market and help you understand how to pick the best supplement for your needs. Keep reading to learn more.
The Best Colostrum Supplements
- Kion Colostrum – Best Overall
- Ancestral Supplements Grassfed Colostrum – Best For Third-Party Testing
- Hearthy Foods Bovine Colostrum – Best For Acne
- Immune Tree Colostrum – Best Money-Back Guarantee
- Jarrow Formulas Colostrum Prime Life – Best Budget-Friendly Choice
- Colostrum-LD Liposomal Delivery – Best For Liposomal Delivery Technology
What Is Colostrum?
Colostrum is an ancient, natural food produced by mammals as the first source of nutrients for their offspring. Colostrum is often referred to as liquid gold!
While colostrum may sound new to you, it’s likely the first source of nutrition you ever consumed as a child! Colostrum promotes overall health by improving immune function, athletic recovery and gut health.
Reviews Of The Best Colostrum Supplements
Kion Colostrum – Best Overall
The best overall colostrum supplement is Kion Colostrum. If you want to support your immune system, increase your athletic performance or improve your gut health, Kion is a great choice.
According to their website, Kion Colostrum contains vitamins, minerals, proteins, and enzymes such as:
- Cytokines: Messengers that keep the channels of communication open between the cells in your immune system
- Lactoferrin: An important protein that supports the health of the intestinal lining and plays a role in the immune system
- Immunoglobulins (IgA, IgD, IgE, IgG, IgM): Antibodies that mediate the body’s immune response.
- Proline-Rich Polypeptides (PRPs): Amino acids that help regulate the immune system and support the production of white blood cells
- Growth Factors (IGF-I, IGF-II, EGF): Essential hormones that help build and maintain tissues in the GI tract
Additionally, Kion Colostrum comes from grass-fed, pasture raised cows, is non-GMO and contains no hormones or antibiotics.
How to Use Kion Colostrum
Kion Colostrum comes in powder form and can be mixed in with water, smoothies, or in any beverage you like.
Serving Size: 2 scoops (3.2 grams)
When To Consume: Colostrum can be taken at any time of day, but Kion recommends avoiding taking within 30 minutes of antibiotics or antimicrobials.
Frequency: Take 1 scoop, two times per day.
Ancestral Supplements Grassfed Colostrum – Best For Third-Party Testing
Ancestral Supplements Grassfed Colostrum is the best colostrum supplement that offers third-party testing. This grassfed colostrum is pasture raised in New Zealand and Australia, hormone, pesticide and GMO-free, contains no fillers or flow agents and is 100% freeze dried or low temperature spray dried and non-defatted.
According to Ancestral Supplements, their grassfed colostrum contains:
- Powerful Immune Factors: Immunoglobulins/Antibodies to fight infections and prevent disease, PRPs (Proline-rich Polypeptides), Lactoferrin, Glycoproteins & Cytokines.
- Incredible Growth Factors: To heal, build and repair cellular, tissue and organ health; Epithelial Growth Factor (EGF), Insulin-like Growth Factor I and II (IGF-I & IGF-II), Transforming Growth Factors A & B (TGF A & B), Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF):
- Essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids to support an overall healthy system
How to Use Ancestral Supplements Grassfed Colostrum
Ancestral Supplements Grassfed Colostrum comes in capsule form. The capsules are encapsulated in 100% pure bovine gelatin. Capsules can be opened and mixed into smoothies or other beverages for kiddos or adults.
Serving Size: 6 capsules per day
When To Consume: Take without food.
Frequency: 6 capsules, 1 time per day.
Hearthy Foods Bovine Colostrum – Best For Acne
Hearthy Foods Bovine Colostrum is a 100% pure high quality colostrum. This product is all natural, gluten-free and non-GMO supplement. Additionally, this colostrum is Halal certified, paleo-friendly and has no sugar added.
This product is also great to apply topically for acne or other skin blemishes.
How to Use Hearthy Foods Bovine Colostrum
Hearthy Foods Bovine Colostrum comes in powder form and can be consumed by mixing with a hot or cold beverage of your choice. You can also mix it into a cup of coffee, tea or add to soups, smoothies, juices, water, milk, pancake/cake batter, oatmeal, etc. Per the Hearthy Foods website, you can also mix this colostrum with honey or coconut oil to apply topically to acne or skin blemishes.
Serving Size: 1-2 tsp
When To Consume: Whenever you’d like
Frequency: Twice per day
Immune Tree Colostrum – Best Money-Back Guarantee
Immune Tree Colostrum comes with money-back guarantee if you are unhappy with your order. This colostrum is 100% organic, GMO-free, gluten-free, antibiotic free, pesticide free and hormone free. Immune Tree Colostrum is third-party tested and certified 6 hour colostrum.
How to Use Immune Tree Colostrum
Immune Tree Colostrum comes in both powder form and capsule form.
Serving Size: 1/2 teaspoon
When To Consume: Whenever you’d like
Frequency: 1/2 teaspoon, 2 times per day, but you can take as much as you like of this whole food
Jarrow Formulas Colostrum Prime Life – Best Budget-Friendly Choice
Jarrow Formulas Colostrum Prime Life is USDA-certified and contains high concentrations of natural immunoglobulins, which are proteins that support immune and gastrointestinal health. This formula includes a minimum of 30 percent immunoglobulins. Jarrow Formulas Colostrum is free of antibiotics and added hormones.
How to Use Jarrow Formulas Colostrum Prime Life
Jarrow Formulas Colostrum Prime Life comes in veggie caps.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
When To Consume: Take capsules between meals
Frequency: 1 capsule, once or twice per day
Colostrum-LD Liposomal Delivery – Best For Liposomal Delivery Technology
Colostrum-LD Liposomal Delivery employs liposomal delivery technology for up to 1500% better absorption than regular bovine colostrum. This process ensures bioactive ingredients survive through the digestive tract and are well absorbed, so your body benefits more from this prebiotic and probiotic supplement. This colostrum is GMO and gluten free.
How to Use Colostrum-LD Liposomal Delivery
Colostrum-LD Liposomal Delivery comes in powder form. It is suggested to pour warm water over the colostrum and mix until smooth and then consume. You can also experiment and add cocoa powder to the mixture, strawberries, ice cubes, etc.
Serving Size: 1 tsp for beginners, 2 tsp for advanced users.
When To Consume: 30-40 minutes before exercise and before bedtime
Frequency: 1 tsp, twice daily for beginners. 2 tsp, twice daily for advanced users.
How To Choose A Colostrum Supplement
It can be really challenging to figure out what supplements to purchase. When purchasing colostrum, here are a few things to look for:
- Colostrum should free of traces of antibiotics, GMOs, or synthetic hormones
- Colostrum should be pure and contain no fillers, flow agents or allergens
- Colostrum should come from grass-fed, pasture raised animals
Health Benefits Of Colostrum
There are many health benefits of colostrum! Here are some of the top benefits:
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Strengthens the gut wall and decreases gut permeability
- Improves athletic performance and recovery
- May be better than other proteins for the development of lean muscle mass
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose a colostrum supplement?
When choosing a colostrum supplement, look for a supplement that is free of antibiotics, GMOS, synthetic hormones and contains no fillers, flow agents or allergens.
How much colostrum should you take?
A typical dose is 1/2 teaspoon daily. Refer to the specific instructions on the brand you order.
Is colostrum good for you?
Yes, colostrum is very good for you! Colostrum supports a healthy immune system, strengthens the gut wall and decreases gut permeability, improves athletic performance and recovery and helps develop lean muscle mass.
Adding a colostrum supplement to your regimen can be a game-changer for your health. Hopefully this article helped you to pick a colostrum supplement that is best for you!
Related: Best Liposomal Vitamin C