This easy salsa chicken in the crockpot is sure to be a family favorite! This recipe is Paleo, Whole30 and Gluten Free and so simple to make.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
How To Make Easy Salsa Chicken In The Crockpot
This recipe is seriously so simple! Here are the quick and easy steps.
Take frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer.
Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
Cover chicken breasts with salsa.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. You can also cook on high for 4 hours.
Shred the chicken in the crockpot and mix with all of the salsa juices until well mixed.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How To Serve Easy Salsa Chicken
Here are some of my favorite ways to serve this easy salsa chicken.
In Soft Taco Shells
Grab some Siete taco shells and make chicken tacos! Add any toppings you’d like such as shredded cheese, sour cream, beans, avocado, etc.
In Burrito Bowls
Fill a bowl with rice or quinoa and top with salsa chicken! You could add black beans, corn, avocado or any other yummy ingredients.
Over Taco Salad
Make a big bed of greens and add chicken! Add anything else that sounds good for a taco salad! I like to top with salsa, but use any dressing you like!
Grab some soft shell tacos and cheese and make a quesadilla!
Over Loaded Nachos
This chicken is amazing over loaded nachos! I love to grab Siete chips (the hint of lime is my favorite!) and then top with shredded cheese, an avocado, sour cream and this chicken! You can add any other ingredients you want. SO good!
Cook’s Tips And Recipe Variations
- For a quicker alternative, you could use non-frozen chicken breasts and cook this dish in the oven. Depending on your oven, this will likely cook in 25-30 minutes.
- This recipe can easily be pared down if you’re cooking for one or two people or beefed up if you’re cooking for a large group. Don’t worry too much about exact measurements with this recipe. Simply add more chicken breasts and more salsa! It’s hard to mess up this recipe 😉
- When preparing this dish you can choose to throw in more chicken breasts than needed for dinner and use that chicken for meal prepping lunches for the rest of the week!
- 4 frozen chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total)
- 16 oz salsa
- Optional: taco shells for serving
- Take frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer.
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
- Cover chicken breasts with salsa.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. You can also cook on high for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken in the crockpot and mix with all of the salsa juices until well mixed.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You can use any type of chicken that you like for this recipe. I prefer chicken breasts as it is easy to shred without dealing with bones.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy shredded chicken? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Related: Paleo Crockpot Recipes