Skin Update and Green Tea Antioxidant Review
I previously shared about my journey to overcome hormonal acne. Struggling with hormonal acne as an adult can be debilitating.
You can read more about how I overcame my hormonal acne HERE. After clearing up my hormonal acne, my goal was to reduce some redness and maintain acne-free skin.
My current skincare regimen
- Wash my face both morning and night with Dr. Bailey’s Zinc bar. I get my face wet, rub the Zinc bar on my fingers, apply to my face and let it sit like a mask for 2-3 minutes.
- After letting the Zinc bar sit on my face, I gently wash it off with a washcloth. Then I apply the Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy.
- If it is morning, I will then apply sunscreen and Mineral Makeup. If it is evening, I will then head to bed.
After two months of using the Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy, I am very pleased with the results. I can definitely see reduced redness and have been able to maintain hormonal acne-free skin. I also LOVE the addition of the Mineral Makeup! It is light and feels great on my skin!
According to Dr. Bailey “If you are going to pick just one antioxidant for your skin care, the best would be green tea – it helps calm skin redness and fights sun damage. Applying green tea antioxidants to skin has been shown to help prevent non-melanoma skin cancer by helping repair damaged DNA – this damage repair is critical for your skin health. With caffeine, hyaluronic acid, and resveratrol for the best professional-strength anti-aging, antioxidant skin care therapy.”
I think these pictures speak for themselves! Both pictures are with no makeup on at all and taken in similar lighting.
In addition to my above regimen, I am still also implementing the following in my routine:
- I drink at least 2 liters of water daily. Usually closer to a full gallon daily.
- I ALWAYS take off my makeup before bed
- I am still using dye-free, scent-free, sensitive laundry detergent. I also wash my pillowcases weekly.
- I use a new, clean washcloth EVERY time I wash my face. This sounds excessive but has made a huge difference.
- I go bare-faced as often as possible to let my skin breathe! I also do my best to workout without a face of makeup on.
- I avoid sugary foods and junk foods as much as possible. My skin looks the absolute best when I take care of my body from the inside out. Veggies, fruits and lean proteins are my go-to foods.
Who should use Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy?
Dr. Bailey has found that most people can benefit from using this product! If any of these sound like you, the Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy might be a good addition to your routine.
- You’re really serious about using the best and most impactful anti-aging facial skin care.
- You’re at an increased risk for non-melanoma skin cancers.
- You’re struggling with facial inflammation and redness.
- You are looking for a product that gives you a very light facial skin hydration.
I have been loving learning more about skincare and caring for my skin! I hope you enjoy seeing these updates and hearing about what is working for my skin. Remember to apply that sunscreen and protect your skin while enjoying this summertime weather!